Do What Makes You Happy
Be With Who Makes You Happy
Laugh As Much As You Breathe
Love As Long As You Live

Friday 1 March 2013

Day 2

And found beauty in the little things
I miss those days
The INNOCENCE
Feeling like everything was great
The world was still beautiful
The world was ours.

This would have been yesterday 1st of March. I was hanging out with a mate today and we were just cruising around, following streets we didn't know wondering where they led. Then we came to a park where we just sat on a bench watching the world go by. It was quite windy but it felt so refreshing I did not mind one bit. It was good to just chill with someone and talk and talk and talk. After quite a while it seemed we went back in his car and we drove.
My mate: (Driving) "IS THAT A SPINNY CUP?"
Me: (Laughing at his enthusiasm) I think it is!"
My mate: (Pulling over) We are so doing that."
The next moment I am in this bright orange cup and we are spinning around and around and around and around. It had made us laugh so much because here are two adults at a kids playground and laughing so hard that I could not breathe.

It was like every little shit thing that was on my mind...had disappeared in that one moment of innocence. I know many would say it was real immature of us, but I think we all should take some time to be a child again. Everything slipped away and it was just me and a mate in the moment of innocence and happiness, instantly everything just became brighter. I was on a natural high the rest of the day.
It is sad we forget what it was like to be a child because of all the pressure of keeping up with the adult way, but I think being a child is a good release, I think it isn't too late to recapture the innocence we once had even if it is only for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment