Do What Makes You Happy
Be With Who Makes You Happy
Laugh As Much As You Breathe
Love As Long As You Live

Friday 20 December 2013

F.A.M.I.L.Y

Family

Let us just take a moment here and think of the depth of the word. Family. Many correspond the word to 'Blood is thicker than water' but I think different. Sure...family will always stick around and friends come and go whenever they please, but in that phrase nobody said anything about blood. Did they?

OMG. no joke I took a second to think of what was coming next and of course I was scrolling through Facebook and this is what popped up, first on my feed.
Coincidence? I don't believe in them! Hahaha
I was going to say exactly that.  What are the characteristics that bring up the word family? A special bond like no other? People who support you and always want the best for you? People who want to see you happy? People who love you. And that's just it.

I love my family, we may fight sometimes but when the going gets tough they are right there to help me pick up the pieces. They are my light, they are my armour even when I'm most stubborn to not take it, they are the wall that I subconsciously place up. It's them.  But my family extends more than what I may be told is my family.

My sister- official in my eyes and in her mum's eyes- my sister, Oriana. I've hurt her before but we have gotten through it. I don't know how she does it but even though there are times when I think I am the worst person on Earth, she can see through that. She sees something in me that baffles me.  I did my first public vlog today (I will post up and notify once it is uploaded)  and to be totally honest with you I was shit scared because I was  afraid someone was going to complain or something like that. But she gave me strength. It is the small things that count. She went along with it too! She didn't shy away from the camera and it just gave me that much more confidence.

Although she studies on the other side of the country I know I can tell her anything and I know she is always there for me. ALWAYS. 

Her family too! I can feel truly comfortable in there presence, just like family. Her mum treats me like her daughter, even if I have the smallest of scratches from the dog she gets the icepack out and makes me rest my leg on the couch. We are Italian...can you tell haha.

Family, its not who you are related to, it is who you relate to most.

Be the Best You Can Be and Keep Smiling (:

P.S. This is a video I just uploaded today, I think you all can relate too it. If you have any questions or comments make sure you write them down. I wouldn't mind it!

No comments:

Post a Comment