Do What Makes You Happy
Be With Who Makes You Happy
Laugh As Much As You Breathe
Love As Long As You Live

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Catch up

Hey guys,

I know it feels like years since I've blogged. It's crazy but I have had the real urge to blog recently.
The truth is, it seems I always start off something with a real passion and then it sort of dies. I'm not quite sure if that is because what I deal with or if it is just me. And I know that after a while I start whatever it was back up again. Isn't that the point though? To never give up. To keep trying?

I'm not quite sure. Maybe I am just indecisive or get bored easily - that is what I blame it on anyway.

As you may or may not know, I vlog a lot. I put a video out at least once a week and I'd like to be spitting out more but for now the no pressure thing is working. I love vlogging, I do, I feel like I can connect with more people but there is something about blogging. Its more for me and my use. It is a great accomplishment for me to articulate everything I want to say in a concise manner.

I also just love to read back on old blog posts, check out my view and opinions on things. Noticed some have changed and some have stayed the same. Yes, vlogging is about having your say but usually they are themed and you tend to try to make it interesting for a viewer and yet I feel blogging is where you can just put a lot of random shit on a page and that is completely fine.

This is why, this time I am going to separate them. I may post that I have put up a vlog - ya know publicity and shizzangles. But for the most part I am going to keep the two mediums separate. They deserve that. My blog deserves its own identity.

Its still here to hopefully make people smile but I honestly it is here to make me smile and to make me feel good 365 day a year. Everybody needs to be a little selfish sometimes.

Speaking of that. My favorite quote used to be from the famous Mr Einstein 'a life lived for others is a life worth living'. As I've grown up I have realised yes be that as it may, its not worth living if you're not actually living. Be kind, be considerate, help others even when you think you can't. Be the support you want others to be. I know I am and I don't care if that sounds like I am bragging but I know I am a bloody good friend. But the trap that I have fallen into in the past is that I was helping people so much so that I wasn't living my life. My life really didn't mean much whatsoever and that is totally wrong. You have one life. Live it to its potential. Give it credit, it deserves to bloom. You have to take care of yourself in order to take care of others. To be honest I still fall in that trap but I realise it and that is the first step towards change.

I haven't changed my morals, I still help but I also take me time, so that at the end of the week I'm not a giant mess trying to untangle my problems that were not tended too. Because if you're not looking out for yourself can you really rely on someone else to be doing that for you?

Keep smiling guys (:

No comments:

Post a Comment